1. My plantar fasciitis is gone. How did this happen? I really have no fucking idea, but I give thanks for its disappearance. My only inkling is that perhaps I shifted my attention to getting stronger rather than being injured.
2. I don't just like my job, I love it. I love my work as much as I love my running. And that's a whole heck of a lot. I am super excited for all the races I am directing in 2014.
3. Crazy ultra runners. Thanks to all the crazy ultrarunners, my dream of organizing a 200 mile race around Lake Tahoe looks like it will be a success. I've been floored and equally thankful for all the interest and attention the race has received.
4. The unknown. I couldn't be more surprised about what direction my life has gone in. Five years ago I could've never imagined that I'd be where I am now. Some truly amazing opportunities have opened up for me during times when I thought life couldn't possibly get any worse. Why this happens to me, I'm not sure, but I've never given up in believing in the magic of the universe.
5. My trail running club: I started the club a year ago and I feel a real sense of community forming. Plus, they are making me faster since many of them are shorter distance trail runners who run every step. 100 mile training is overrated! Run fast!
6. My family: It's my family that is the spine of the body of everything I do. It holds me up and shapes everything I do. The support & love of the people closest to me make life so much more beautiful.
Good stuff! Saw you were getting off FB, will keep up with you here!ReplyDelete