1. WEAR YOUR DIRT & SWEAT WITH PRIDE. So your legs and trail shoes are covered in mud from that 12 miler you just did? That's no reason not to pick up your Nutella and tortillas at the co-op on the way home. You were having so much fun running on the ridge you realize you only have 20 minutes until your hot date? No worries, a few wipies and a quick change of clothes and you're ready. Heck, if s/he doesn't like your trail style it's better to know sooner than later!
|The ideal date|
3. IF I'M HOBBLING BE SURE TO CONGRATULATE ME. Of course I'm okay! I just ran 100 fricking miles. Penguin walk is done with pride. Not to worry, I'll loosen up after 10 minutes. Or a couple of days...
4. BEER IS A POST RACE DRINK. Forget the Gatorade. Forget the water. Okay, water is good too. Take it from Karl Meltzer. He has thirty five 100 mile wins to his legendary name and what's his crosstraining tip? Beer. Bottoms up folks!
|the Speedgoat knows the benefits of beer|
|Orcas Island 50k, race director James Varner|
7. THOU SHALL LINE UP IN ORDER OF SPEED. As a race director it sort of ticks me off when someone time after time lines up in the front of the pack just to be in the race photo. You know who you are. Do you really want to be passed by 300 runners? Ladies, if you are fast, get up in the front, don't be shy!
8. RUN FOR PLEASURE: If you don't like running, pick another sport. Life is too short to spend it doing stuff you don't enjoy. I hear far too often of people running because they feel they have to. There are many sports to choose from. Explore.
9. THERE IS NO PERFECT ANYTHING: What's the best trail shoe? The best pack? The best gel? The best electrolyte? Training plan? Forget perfect, and explore what is best for you personally. For shoes, visit your locally run shoe store and try on lots of different shoes.
10. MUSCLES ARE SEXY: Ladies stop being afraid of your muscles. They are hot. Runner muscles are attractive on men and women. Embrace your strength!
|Emelie Forsberg, need I say more?!|
Find me on Google+
Yoga based core and strength exercises on my YouTube Channel
A little crazy on Instagram
Short, sweet and sassy on Twitter